Easy Peasy Gift Wrapping with the WrapMaster from The Container Store

I made a stop in the local Container Store recently to pick up some glass jars with screw-on tops to use to store spices in the kitchen.  Unfortunately, the jars were not available, but while I was there, I decided to head over to the gift wrap section of the store because I needed to pick up some wrapping paper to wrap some birthday gifts.  While I was perusing the gift wrap, I saw this most interesting thing called a WrapMaster.

Naturally, I had to check this out.  It is basically a yard stick that is designed with two sides forming a 90 degree angle.  At first glance, I thought it somehow cut the paper by slipping the two sides over the edge of a table or countertop and placing the gift wrap underneath and then pulling it along the mitered edge to cut it to dimension.

This was my first inclination on how this worked.  You see here that I have placed the WrapMaster along the edge of my dining table.  But, I was wrong.

The WrapMaster is lain atop the gift wrap at your desired location, after measuring the box the gift is housed in, and then you simply pull the paper along the mitered edge for a smooth, clean cut.  This is really a wonderful invention.  Why didn't I think of this?

You can see here that it is a yard stick, a full 36" in length, but with a mitered edge for smooth cutting.  For years I have used an ordinary pair of household scissors to cut gift wrap.  Even with the most steady hand, it is difficult to cut with any sort of precision using scissors, and I have never really liked that.  For a beautiful and professional look like we all want, the WrapMaster works perfectly.

So I got started with the my boxed gift and the gift wrap I chose from The Container Store and the WrapMaster.

I was able to measure the width and depth and height of the box using the WrapMaster so that I got the perfect dimensions and I knew the paper would be cut to just the right size.

I marked the paper where it needed to be cut.

Then, using the WrapMaster, I was able to make a clean cut.


And here we have a perfectly wrapped gift, ready to give to a special friend or family member.

I went on to wrap a couple other gifts using the WrapMaster.  On the far right of this picture is a little round cedar box that I thought was pretty enough to present on its own without wrapping.  I prefer using solid color gift wrap when preparing gifts for my friends and family and then topping them with a colorful bow or event a little floral arrangement.  Whatever strikes your fancy will work.

Bottom line - I LOVE the WrapMaster from The Container Store.  I thought a little pricey at $15.99, but it is a great time saver when wrapping and time is money, so I think this was a good investment in the long run.  It will last forever.


No comments

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig