New Glass Storage Containers from IKEA

A few years ago I replaced all of my plastic kitchen storage with glass storage containers from IKEA.  I have been using these pieces long enough now to let you know that they are very durable.  They have lasted very well and they clean up nicely.  Glass containers also do not absorb odors from foods that are stored in them, so that is another good reason to use glass storage in the kitchen.

The storage containers I recently bought are shown above.  These are the smallest containers in this particular line of containers at IKEA.  I needed something small for those times when you have a little leftover to store and these work just perfectly.  I have found they are particularly nice for storing sliced fresh mozarella and sliced Campari tomatoes.  A favorite dish in my household, especially in the summer months, is a tray of sliced mozarella with a slice of fresh tomato atop and a light sprinkling of salt.  Delicious.  A drizzle of your favorite salad dressing or even a light smear of Duke's mayonnaise is also a nice accompaniment.  

I suppose these are called 365+.  You know IKEA has strange names for all of their products.  As you can see on the packaging, these are 3-1/4" x 3-1/4" x 2-1/4", perfect for small storage.  They can be used in the refrigerator or in your kitchen cabinets or both.

Of course the first thing to do whenever you buy any new kitchen utensil or storage container is to  thoroughly wash in hot, soapy water, either by hand or in the dishwasher.  I wash most of my dishes by hand and place them in the dish dryer that sits on my countertop.  This is a very handy device.  It dries the dishes in no time and leaves them spot and streak-free.

Once clean and dry, I put them to use.  In the foreground we have a little egg salad in one container and chicken salad in the other.  I tried something new with this egg salad recipe and added finely diced celery.  Do not add finely diced celery to egg salad.  We can talk more about that in another post.  It works in chicken salad, but not egg salad.  At least not for me.  I ended up with eight of these in the refrigerator.  The containers in the rear contain chopped garlic.  On the bottom there are some maraschino cherries and sweet cacao nibs.  You can store whatever you like.  These are just great and they are square so they fit in the refrigerator very efficiently.  Visit your local IKEA this weekend and check out their glass kitchen storage containers or, of course, you can always order online if you do not have a store within reasonable driving distance.  Just click here to be taken to their website.




No comments

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig