Febreze Wax Melt Warmer for a Fragrant Home

I love to burn candles.  I keep several tucked away on a shelf at all times.  Burning candles gives a wonderful, soothing ambience no matter where you use them, inside or out.  The soft, warm glow of candles burning in various locations throughout the interior of your home on a cold, winter's eve or large glass hurricanes with oversized candles around the patio on an early spring evening with cocktails and friends.  Both conjure up good feelings.  That said, and referring to use of candles inside your home, there are times when I would like to freshen up the air inside the apartment but I prefer not to burn a candle.  That's where this little wax melt warmer from Febreze comes in.  It does just the job.

You see above on the box it states, "sleek design" and I would agree with that statement, as you will see.

Here is our sleek little wax melt warmer out of the box.  I really love the design.  So simple.  Very well designed.

You see here that the stainless steel bowl that holds the wax cubes simply lifts off the porcelain base where the heating element is located.  This makes it easy to clean.  You do not have to unplug the entire unit and move it to the kitchen to be cleaned.  Simply remove this little bowl and clear away any leftover wax and then set it back in place and add new melts.

For my first experiment, I used these Gain scented wax melts from Febreze.  Actually, I would have preferred another scent but this was all that was available at the time I bought the unit.  I did not particularly want the apartment to smell like the laundry room, but it was okay to try out the unit for the first time.

Here are the wax melts.  They are in the package as one solid.  You twist the packaging to break them apart and you will see here that I have done that and removed one melt for our first experiment.

Into the stainless steel bowl with the wax melt and then back on top of the heating unit.

The unit has an inline rotary switch with which to turn the power on and off.

When the switch is turned to the "on" position, this blue light glows to indicate that the unit is working.

For the initial trial, I used just one Gain scented wax melt.

After a few short minutes with the unit turned on, the wax melt turned to liquid and indeed, filled the apartment with the scent of Gain.

After the initial experiment with the Gain scented wax melts, I found these Caribbean Sea Breeze scented wax melts and gave them a try.

As I was learning more about how to use the unit, I read in the instruction manual that you can use up to two wax melts at once.  So I placed two of the Caribbean Sea Breeze wax melts in the unit the second time around.

And here it is with two wax melts completely melted.  So you can see that two melts do not fill the bowl so much that it is overflowing.  Just a nice amount of scented, liquid wax to freshen up the air in your home.  Just so you know, the scent lasts for 6-8 hours and then you will need to replace the wax melts with new melts.

I like this unit very much.  I've used it for a couple months now and it continues to do a very good job.  The weather has been stifling hot here in the mid-Atlantic this summer and the windows stay closed while we all use air conditioning to keep cool.  The air gets stale and this little unit does a wonderful job of freshening up the apartment without adding the heat from a candle during the hot summer months.

No comments

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig