Photo Storage Cases

Most of us take pictures with our Android or iPhones these days and then store them in a cloud or in a folder on our PC's.  I do it.  During the course of cleaning out the house I came across a box with pictures in it.  Real pictures, ... taken with a real camera, ... with real film, ... and the film was sent off to be developed, ... and I picked up real, physical pictures that I could hold in my hand.  I did not want to scan these pictures and store them virtually on my computer, so I sought a way to keep them protected until I can get them assembled in some order, hopefully in a real, physical picture album.  Take a look at what I found.


On a recent stop at The Container Store, I found these wonderful plastic storage cases for my old photos.  I was very pleased to find these and to see that they came in two sizes.  First, this 4" x 6" size.


And this larger, 5" x 7" size.  You see that both are marked in the upper right corner as "Acid Free".  In the process of manufacturing plastics, acids are introduced to help with the structure of the plastic.  If an acidic product comes into contact with paper, photos or other similar items, the acid can cause permanent damage and decay.  You don't want that.  That's why I was glad to find these acid free cases.  The photos I will store in these boxes have made their way through many year and in less than ideal circumstances.  So I do not want them to fall victim to the wrong type of storage now.


Here, a picture of me taken in Dublin, Ireland circa, 2000.  You see that the photo is curved and that comes from poor storage.  Hopefully I can find a remedy for this.


And here, the large 5" x 7" box with a picture of me (I'm the one in the middle with the white shirt and dark hair - which is no longer dark!!!!)  This was taken in the early 1990's with representatives from Edy's Ice Cream.  They were seeking recipes and names for new flavors of ice cream.  If memory serves, I think one of our submissions won a prize.  I am there with my friend, Steve Alterman (immediately to my left).


With these few pictures I have now begun a project to save as many of my real photos as possible.  If you have real pictures that you want to preserve like I do, then pick up a couple of these boxes from your nearby Container Store, or order them online.  At $2.49 and $2.99 respectively, it is an inexpensive way to save treasured memories.

No comments

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig