The Dash Mini Maker Griddle

I recently purchased this little griddle which I thought would be great for making breakfast sandwiches on the weekend.  I gave it a quick try and I think this might be a handy device to have in the kitchen.  Take a look.


We are reviewing the Dash Mini Maker Griddle today.  There were two color choices; red and white.  I was not necessarily a fan of either.  I would have preferred it in black, but when it came down to it, I chose white.


Here is the unit out of the box.  There is no "on" and "off" switch.  You just plug it in and this big blue light on top illuminates to let you know the griddle is heating.


Inside are two non-stick surfaces, upper and lower, that heat and/or cook your food.  This is the perfect size for an English Muffin as you will see shortly.


Here the unit is plugged into an electrical outlet and the light is on indicating that it is heating up.


While it was heating, I sliced an English Muffin in half on a wooden cutting board.


Then I buttered the outside of each side of the English Muffin.


I retrieved this container of shredded cheeses from the refrigerator.  Let's see.  What have we here.  Mozzarella, sharp cheddar and mild cheddar.


Once the light on top of the unit went off, it was time to get started.  So, on the bottom plate I placed the bottom half of the English Muffin and added a suitable amount of the shredded cheese blend.


Then on with the top half of the English Muffin.


I closed the lid and left the griddle to do its thing.  One note: you may have to hold down on the lid depending on the thickness of what you are cooking.  There is a section on the front of the lid that does not get hot for this.


About one minute later, I had my first grilled cheese sandwich from the mini griddle.


It may not be the most beautiful creation I've ever made, but it was very tasty.


I cut it in half and dipped each half in tomato sauce.  These could also be served, quartered, with a little tomato sauce spooned over and a dollop of sour cream.

What a fun little gadget to have in the kitchen and perfect when cooking for just one or two.  Especially during the hot summer months.  You don't have to heat up the range top, ... and dirty a pan.  I let the griddle cool and then cleaned it with a paper towel.  How's that for convenience!

No comments

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig