A Little Cleaning Up on the Deck and Patio

We have found ourselves with weather which has been rather below average for March.  This has meant that outside clean up from winter has been slow to start this year.  However, we had a pleasant day one day this week, so I took advantage of it and started the clean up on the deck and patio.  Of course this year we will not be planting since we are in preparations for the impending listing of Crest Avenue.  So I spent the majority of time collecting things to put out for big trash.


These large green planters have been in place in this area between my house and the neighbors house for several years.  They were once filled the most beautiful ornamental grasses.  Every fall the grasses would go dormant and turn brown.  I would leave them in the pots because they would still move with the wind and they looked pretty in the winter.  In the spring I would cut them back and new growth would emerge.  Last year they suffered through an especially hot and dry summer so I do not expect new growth this year.  I turned the pots over and released the soil.


There were several pots along the steps leading up to the deck that I removed.  But one thing I could not part with was Sir Froggy.  I have had him for many years.  He will go with us to our new home in a few months.


For right now, I placed him in this clay pot on the front porch.  I couldn't possibly part with that face.


Finally, this was the scene on the sidewalk in front of the house this morning.  Mostly pots that I will no longer have use for.  There were a couple bags of black mulch which I tried in place of my standard cedar mulch a couple years ago.  I did not like it.  I do not like black mulch or red mulch.

And so begins the outside clean up.  Believe me, there is plenty more to do, so stay tuned.

Oh, one more thing.  The paint scraping brushes we talked about a few weeks ago that I was going to use to remove the paint around the front door - don't bother buying them.



I secured them onto the electric drill and gave them a whirl (pun intended) and, ... nothing.  They removed nothing.  So I'm going to have to take a different route with this project.  More to come on that.

No comments

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig