Battery Powered Candles

I love to burn candles.  Thank goodness I live in an apartment building where I can do that.  Not all apartment buildings still allow real candles in their apartments.  Another sign of the times, unfortunately.  But not so where I live.  I burn them more in the fall and winter months, but if I'm having a small gathering any time of year, I'll have candles burning for the evening.  Of course, you are restricted in your placement of real, burning candles.  They cannot be on the top of tall furniture like bookcases, unless, of course, you have vaulted ceilings, which not everyone does.  It is best not to place them under lamps for fear of a lampshade overheating or just being ruined from the heat.  They are best left to open spaces.  But sometimes you want a little candlelight in a smaller, intimate space to add a bit of cozy light.  That's where these battery powered candles come in and they are just perfect.


I found this pack of 3 Flameless LED candles on a recent errand run through Walmart.  These were not on my list of purchases that day, but they caught my attention and I thought, why not give them a try.


They are very simple to set up.  You simply remove the battery compartment cover on the bottom.


Insert two AA batteries, place the cover back on and you are ready to go.


I placed all three of them together in the corner of one of the shelves in the entertainment center.


Here, all aglow.


And another, close-up of them.  These are quite nice.  I like the look.  I like the extra added little bit of light.  I like how they reflect off of the cabinetry.  This was a good purchase both for the aesthetic and the value.


Oh, ... they come with a remote also.  The remote takes one of those flat batteries - something like a CR2032.  I like the idea of having a remote so you are not constantly handling the candles.  The switch on the bottom can be set to "remote", so you just put the batteries in the candles and a battery in the remote and you are all set for a lovely evening with some wonderful mood lighting.

No comments

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig