Sumptuous Ambrosia

Today I am going to share with you a version of Ambrosia.  It is very delicious.  I have tweaked the ingredient list just a little.  There is no coconut in this version.  Usually there is coconut in Ambrosia, but not everybody likes coconut.  I can take it or leave it, but I thought it would be nice to do a version without coconut.  This is very easy to make and most satisfying.  Take a look.

Sumptuous Ambrosia

1 can cherry pie filling
1 large can crushed pineapple, drained
1 can Eagle brand condensed milk
2 cups miniature marshmallows
1 cup finely chopped pecans
1 8-ounce Cool Whip

Let's go through the steps.


So here is a pictures of all the ingredients you will need to make this most delicious dessert salad.  These go together rather quickly.


We will start with the can of cherry pie filling added to a large glass bowl.


Add the crushed pineapple next.  Be sure to drain the pineapple thoroughly.  I poured the contents of the can into a fine mesh colander and let it sit while I collected the other ingredients.  Before adding the pineapple, I turned it over in the colander several times using a similar hand/arm movement as one would use to flip pancakes in a skillet.  This helps to remove as much of the pineapple juice as possible and lends a more sturdy ambrosia.


Next, add the can of Eagle Brand Condensed Milk.


Now, two cups of Jet Puffed miniature marshmallows.


And two cups of finely chopped pecans.  I buy them already finely chopped.  They are more expensive but worth it.  Who has time to finely chop them by hand or even in the food processor.  It's just added time for the same end result.


Give it all a good stir.


Finally, add the Cool Whip whipped topping.


I did a pretty good job of getting all the ingredients incorporated, but, as we know, when mixing together these types of dishes, the ingredients on the bottom of the bowl, i.e., those ingredients added first, have a tendency to stay at the bottom of the mixture.  So I transferred the mixture to another large glass bowl using a large rubber spatula so that the mixture on top ended up on the bottom and vice versa.


Now I could truly say that ALL of the ingredients were fully incorporated.


I covered the bowl and placed it inside the refrigerator.  Leave it to chill for at least two hours, but preferably overnight if you have prepared it early enough for your event.


I used an ice cream scoop to add three scoops of this delicious salad to the bowl.


A small dollop of whipped cream and half of a ginger snap and there you have it.  This is so incredibly delicious and it is very easy to assemble.  Your family will love it.  Indeed, family, friends and foes would all enjoy a serving of this most delicious, sumptuous ambrosia.

No comments

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig