Greeting Card Universe

I like to receive greeting cards in the mail and I like sending greeting cards to my friends and family.  Unfortunately, even though the card selection at the local CVS seems to have increased in size, the offerings are sad to say the very least.  Weird humor.  Overly sappy.  Bad designs.  Then there are the "Signature Series" cards, which are wildly expensive.  I have a Paper Source store very nearby and I have shopped their card selection recently, but have not made a purchase.  Some of their cards are funny or cute, but most of them do not really fit the situation for which I was sending a card.  The problem in Paper Source seems to be that the great majority of their specialty cards are not funny or cute but are just filthy.  The language is filthy.  The message is off.  They have a large selection of cards with political overtones which immediately turns me off.  It is very sad.  I suppose the buyers for Paper Source think these cards are cute or funny, but they are not.  I would not send the majority of their cards to anyone I cared about.  So where does one go to find reasonably priced greeting cards with uplifting messages.  You are about to find out.


Greeting Card Universe is the place to go for greeting cards.  I found them online quite by mistake, and it turned out to be a good thing.


I have placed two separate orders with them and delivery has been wonderful.  The cards arrive quickly and in perfect condition.  If you are worried about buying cards and having them shipped through the mail, there is no need.  The cards are shipped in these sturdy little cardboard envelopes.


When you open the envelope and retrieve the card, each card is wrapped in a cushioning over-wrap.  So there is never a problem with cards that are bent or with damaged corners or any of that.


My first card purchase was actually a pet sympathy card for my cousin who just lost her best buddy, Mosey.  The dog depicted on this card actually looks very much like Mosey, so this was a perfect choice.  She sent me a text message to let me know that the card was beautiful and that she very much appreciated receiving it.


You can go with a standard sentiment inside or you can customize it.  I added a personal message as you see above.


You have the option to order an envelope with your card at no additional cost.


After my initial order of the pet sympathy card, I went back to purchase a couple of birthday cards.  This one with this cute mouse juggling a stack of cupcakes for my friend Yvonne.


I did not change the sentiment inside Yvonne's card because it said exactly what I wanted.


Then this really funny card for my friend Melinda.  I thought the front of the card was hilarious.  She and I are both "window seat" types who prefer "free cocktails".


And, of course, the inside was just perfect - "Have a first-class birthday", because we prefer our window seat in first-class and where else can you get free cocktails when flying?!!


I ordered envelopes for both, as usual.  I do not know what the weight of the paper is that they use but it is quite heavy.  Heavier than most of the cards that are offered to us in the stores.  This was a great find and I am certain that I will use there services many times over in the coming years.

No comments

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig