A Healthy Wandering Jew

We talked about replanting a Wandering Jew plant for a friend a few weeks ago.  Sometimes I like to go back to a previous post and let you know how things turned out, so that is what I am doing today with this post.


This was the Wandering Jew on the day I replanted it several weeks ago.


And here it is today!  Quite a difference.  It has a way to go but it is doing much better as is evidenced in this picture.  I think in another month it should be back to full, vibrant health.  It definitely needed to be repotted.  It needed some attention in the area of watering, i.e., it needed to be watered on a regular basis.  And it needed a little fertilizer to give it a boost.


As I have referenced in the past, I am a fan of these little fertilizer spikes from Jobes.  They do a very good job of releasing fertilizer into the soil at a slow and steady pace.  There is no mixing or measuring or any of that.  You simply push one or two of these into the soil in the pot and continue with your regular watering pattern.  Simple, easy and affordable.  And effective!!


On a different, yet similar note, you will recall that we had white hyacinths in bloom several weeks ago.  A bit of spring to wash away the winter doldrums.  Although we really have not had much winter weather here in DC this year.  The whole winter has seemed rather like spring.  Temperatures in the 40's and 50's - even a few days in the low 60's.  Very unusual for us here.  January and February are most often our very coldest months and everyone hibernates.  Not so in 2020.

These bulbs are sitting in the soil in the original pots they came in.  I will leave them there until all of the green has died back.  Then I will transfer them to the mesh bag with the other bulbs and we will give them a try again next year.

No comments

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig