Happy Valentine's Day

I could not think of a better post for this holiday than the one I am posting today.  When I saw this I knew that I had to share it with all my readers.


I was walking through the Foggy Bottom section of DC one day this week and I happened upon this scene in front of one of the little townhouses that line the streets near Virginia Avenue.  But, ..., hold on.  There's more!


The occupant of this home evidently really "LOVES" (pun intended) Valentine's Day.  I thought this was cute.  Spread the love and enjoy the holiday.  Somebody is definitely feeling the love this year.

I gave out a few Valentine chocolate boxes to some of my friends.  Take a look at how I did it.


I went online and searched for "vintage Valentine cards" and found pages and pages of these old-fashioned Valentine's Day cards from back before I was born.  We used to hand out little cards very similar to these to our friends when I was in elementary school.


I saved the ones I liked in my "pictures" folder on my computer.  Then I went in and printed each of them on white card stock.  Then, with a pair of regular household scissors, I cut out the design by carefully moving around the image with the scissors.


I found these small boxes of heart shaped assorted chocolates somewhere in the recent weeks.  I'm not sure where.  My errand list on the weekends is so long that I cannot remember everywhere I go.


All I did was turn over the printed card and doubled a piece of Scotch tape and applied it in the center of the cutout.


Then I secured the cutout card to the top of each box of chocolate.


Then I walked around the office and left them on or near my Valentines' keyboards.


Some people found their Valentine card and candy box when they arrived this morning.  Others will find them when they return to work next week.  Either way, I think it is a nice idea.  Just a fun way to show your friends that you care.

No comments

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig