Storage Containers for Party Mixers

 I found these really cute storage bins with handles at IKEA.  I thought they would work perfectly for storing sparkling water and other beverages.  If you are interested in buying some for your home, you can visit the IKEA website and search for "Hallbar".  I've included a link, so if you click on the word "Hallbar" in the previous sentence it will take you to the IKEA website and the page with these bins.

I bought two of these to try before investing in a lot of them and then potentially finding out they would not work for my purpose.  You see in the picture above that each bin comes with a handle.  This picture is of the back of each bin where you will install the lid.

The lids are separate, so make sure you pick those up as well.

Each lid comes with a set of round stickers in different colors that you can use to label the lid on each bin.  I used the white labels but any of them would do.

Here, a picture of one of the lids, the hinges that attach each lid to the bin and a retainer to which you could secure a paper bag to hold in place should you decide to use these as recycling bins, which you could very easily do.  These are multi-purpose bins and one of the options IKEA suggests is to use them as recycling bins.

So here we are at the back of the bin.  This is where you will secure the plastic clip that will eventually hold the lid in place.

You simply slide these adapters in place on each side of the back of the bin.  They are marked "R" and "L" on the underside if you are wondering which goes on which side.

Here I have the lid on top of the bin.  You see the hinges on the lid line up with the adapters we slid in place on the bin.

You simply "SNAP" the bin lid into the hinge adapters and you are done!

Here is your fully assembled bin.  Oh, one word of warning.  Make sure that the handle (which is already attached to the bin when you buy it) is in the forward position toward the front of the bin as you see in this picture.  If it is in the back then you will have to struggle to get it over the hinge adapters after you add the lid.  I found out the hard way!!

Here again, the retainer ring that fits inside the bin for recycling.  If you are using the bins for storage, as I am, this retainer ring can just sit in place in the top of the bin where it is out of the way.  If you decide to change the use later on, you are ready to go.

One bin will hold these wonderful bottle of sparkling mineral water from Safeway.  These are the Safeway Signature brand of sparkling mineral water.  It it the very best mineral water I have ever had.  If you have Safeway nearby, you should pick up some of these.  They are usually on sale, 4 bottles for $5.00, which is not bad.  These bottles are 25.4 ounce bottles.

In the other bin, a couple bottles of Canada Dry tonic water.  Diet tonic water for me, but you could store any mixer of your choice.

Finally it was time to label the bins.  They lids come with an assortment of colored labels.  I used the white ones.  The labels could be used to signify what is stored in each bin using a color-coded system.  I wasn't going to get into all of that.  I used the white labels and handwrote on them what was in each bin.


There is a small, round indentation in the center of each lid which you can use as a guide to place your label directly in the center of the lid.  This bin is for bottles of water.


This one holds tonic water.


And here they are, neatly tucked away in the hallway closet until party time.

I love these bins.  I love the fact that they are multi-purpose.  They are a good size for storing mixers, but personally, I think they are too small to be used for recycling bins.  At least in my house.  I could easily fill these up and have them overflowing with a few hours.  I like IKEA and many of their products and I thought you would like these also.


No comments

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig