Moo Moo!!

My birthday was just last week, so happy birthday to me!  The days of being asked by family and friends what I want for my birthday have long since passed.  I still receive actual birthday cards in the mail from some, but most of my birthday wishes come in the form of a message on Facebook acknowledging my special day.  The only person who still requests and, indeed, receives a list of my birthday wish list is my partner of now, some 29 years.  When I presented that list this year, one of the items requested was a Moo Moo Refrigerator Freshener.  I was skeptical that I would actually receive this item, but I thought it was worth a try.  Well, guess what.  I got it.  So let's take a look at this cute little contraption and see if you might be interested in one for your refrigerator.  (Today's pictures are all going to be hotdog, not hamburger.  That is, they will be vertical, not horizontal).

Here is the Moo Moo in the packaging.  I should correct myself and refer to it by the correct name.  It is a Moo Moo Fresh Fridge by joie, msc.  I love all things from this company.  They have the most unique designs.  (I added a link to their website above.  Just click on "joie, msc").

On the back side of the packaging are the instructions, which are simple, simple, simple.  "Add baking soda to keep your fridge fresh for up to 30 days".  That's it.

As you see here, there are two halves to the unit.  The top half with the face is easily removed from the bottom half by twisting it gently and lifting it off the base.


Here is the bottom half filled with Arm & Hammer baking soda.  I filled it to within about a half inch of the top.

In the past I have used these handy little boxes of Arm & Hammer baking soda to help absorb odors in the refrigerator and they work like a charm.  So I'm not knocking these little boxes.  I just wanted something a little fun; a way to keep the refrigerator fresh that was a little more pleasing to the eye.

Here is the Moo Moo head, ready to be put in place over the container of baking soda.  You can see there are plenty of vent holes for the baking soda to capture unwanted odors in the fridge.  


And finally, here is our little Moo Moo in the refrigerator ready to start bringing her style of freshness to our kitchen.

When we talk about "odors" in the refrigerator, we are not referring to odors necessarily in a dirty refrigerator.  Believe me, I am a stickler for a clean and organized refrigerator.  I would freely admit that I spend way more time cleaning and organizing the refrigerator than most people would think normal.  But even a clean and organized refrigerator will sometimes not smell as fresh as you might like.  I recently chopped some onion and placed it in a glass storage container with a tightly fitted lid and put it in the refrigerator.  Even then, I could smell onion when I opened the door until I finally used it.  Broccoli is another culprit.  I keep broccoli in the refrigerator all the time and it can be an issue.  And, of course, if you have veggies in a crisper drawer that you forget about and one day discover they look like some lab experiment (which happens to us all, me included), then, if you have a Moo Moo, that will at least help with some of the odors from that until you can remove them.

I hope you enjoyed this post and I hope you might consider a Moo Moo for your fridge.  Of course, this was a gift so I did not know the exact price.  I looked them up online and you can expect to pay $6.99 if your order one from the joie website.  Amazon has them for $7.59, but if you are a Prime Member, you might get free shipping from Amazon.  Poshmark has them for $19.00.  I'm not really sure what is going on there.

One final thing.  There is no "reminder" or "setting" button on this unit to remind you when to change the baking soda.  So I just set a reminder on my task list on my phone.  I do that with all reminders these days.  My phone is always with me so it is just easier to have all my reminders in one place.  You could do the same on the task list on your laptop or desktop computer or even a tablet.


No comments

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig