New Serving Pieces

You never know what you will find when you visit HomeGoods.  I guess it's actually TJMaxx/HomeGoods.  Whatever the name, I know that any time I make my way through the door and into the store, I will not leave empty handed.  And such was the case recently when I stopped in at the store on Joyce Street in Arlington, VA.  My plan was just to make a quick run-through to compare this store to the one on M Street, NW in Washington, DC.  This is what I ended up with.

This two-tiered highly polished round serving tray was the first purchase.  This will work perfectly on a lunch buffet lined with finger sandwiches or on a coffee table with sweets for afternoon tea.

I got three covered serving dishes.  Here are two of them; one round and the other square.  I loved the jeweled edges on these pieces and the handles.  I placed lemons and limes in them for this post so you could get an idea of how much they can hold.  I would likely fill the small square tray with savory bites.  The larger, round tray could very easily accommodate a festive cheese ball surrounded by rosemary sprigs for a lovely holiday presentation.

This octagonal server would be perfect for a small(ish) carrot cake with cream cheese frosting.  I would make the cake, refrigerate, and then slice it gently and place it on the server, pre-sliced, for ease of serving.

This cute set of bejeweled coasters that match the set were a last minute decision.  I only got a set of four because I have other coasters that will mix and match well with these and with help bring some additional texture to the serving table.

Lastly, this lovely beeswax candle with a very Christmasy scent called Holly Berries.  This is not a candle scent we would associate with fall scents.  There is nothing about the scent of this candle this is fall-like.  This is a true Christmas scent.  Burning candles of different scents when entertaining is preferable to me.  As people move around the space they will enjoy a mixture of scent throughout your home.  You might want to buy several candles and try them out until you get the right combination.

This candle burns beautifully.  It has three wicks, so it burns evenly.  I wanted to get an idea of the true scent of the candle before having people in, so I lit it early on a Sunday morning and let it burn for a while.  It is luscious.  You cannot always fully appreciate the scent of a candle until you burn it.  And they never seem to smell exactly the same at home as they do in the store.  This turned out to be a good one!!

So now I need to start making my shopping list to pick up the items I need to get started in the kitchen and getting this trays filled with delectable treats.

No comments

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig