We Upgraded the Shower Curtain Hooks

When I was first setting up the apartment in 2018, I posted about a set of new shower curtain hooks that I bought when I was completing the bathroom.  You can find that post from December 19, 2018 here.  Actually, the shower curtain from that post and the hooks were replaced after that post.  The replacement shower curtain and liner is what you will see today.  We are just going to replace the hooks in this post.  So let's get started.

I found these at Home Goods and even though replacing the shower curtain hooks was not currently on my list of things to do, I knew I had to have them.

Here, a better look at them.  They are "sparkly", but not too sparkly.  I like a little sparkle here and there, but let's not overdo it.  I particularly like that the box says "100% Rustproof" and you will see why in a minute.

These are the current shower curtain hooks.  I liked them very much when I bought them, but over time, I kind of fell out of love with them.  As you can see in this picture, they turned yellow.  I do not remember them being particularly yellow when I bought them.

So it was out with the old and in with the new.  There is no need to take the shower curtain down completely when replacing the hooks.  Just replace them one at a time while it is still on the rod.  This goes very quickly.  You can see the contrast in this picture between the new sparkly hooks and the older yellow sparkly hooks.  Wouldn't you agree that the new hooks are a much better fit?  They match the shower curtain and liner perfectly.

An additional feature on the new hooks is the way the decorative element is attached to the hook itself.  By adding this angle to the decoration, it holds the shower curtain in place more efficiently than the previous design.

Here is our shower curtain today with the new hooks in place.  This is a much better look.  These hooks match the colors in the bathroom perfectly.  The other hooks served their purpose for several years, but  things need to be replaced periodically, and we had reached that point with the old hooks.

Lastly, I was not happy with the fact that these previous shower curtain hooks turned yellow (which we have already discussed), but they started to rust also.  So between them turning yellow over time and the rust, it was time for a change.

I know you may not think something like changing the shower curtain hooks really matters very much, but it does.  Small improvements throughout the house help to keep your decor fresh and pleasant.  This is a very inexpensive improvement to make.  This set of 12 new hooks was $5.99.  We want to live in comfortable elegance, but we do not want to overpay for it!!

No comments

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig