Everyone Needs a Kitchen Torch

A couple weeks ago I received an email from my sister in which she asked if I had a kitchen torch. My answer was "yes". "Be certain to bring it with you on Thanksgiving," was her answer. Of course, I was intrigued, but I did not ask. So I will bring my kitchen torch tomorrow and see what happens. It needs to be filled with gas, so I ordered a new can of butane which was delivered today.


This is a Williams Sonoma Exclusive, Item No. 27-9561838. It sells in their stores and online for $49.95.



The torch detaches from the base which makes it really easy to handle.


The base has two small magnets.


The bottom of the torch has a metal ring which attaches to the magnets on the base, That is also where you will find the nozzle to fill the butane tank.


Filling the torch is both easy and messy at the same time. Do it outside. You simply turn the torch upside down and place the tip of the butane canister over the nozzle on the bottom of the torch and push down. That's the easy part. As you are pressing down, butane gas will fill the tank inside the torch. But gas will escape and flow over the handle. That's the messy part. Be certain to wash your hands thoroughly once you are done before using the torch. And wipe down the handle with a paper towel sprayed with a general household cleaner like Formula 409.


This little window in the handle will show you the level of gas in the tank.


After filling the tank, it is just a matter of a few button clicks and EUREKA!! You have your flame. Let us see what my sister has in store for us tomorrow,

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig