A Birthday Celebration

We celebrated my birthday last weekend. It was a small crowd. Me, Steven and Lea. We had an evening of frivolity and that is what birthday celebrations are all about.



The first bottle of wine uncorked this evening was a delicious Menage a Trois Silk. This was really spectacular. And look at the bottle stopper. It is a green daisy. I received a set of two of these from my friend Cindy. One in green and one in orange. So much fun.


We had a quite a spread of food, one of my favorites being steamed shrimp with cocktail sauce. Steven set out two styles of cocktail sauce. One regular and another a bloody mary cocktail sauce. They were both delicious. I think I divided my time equally between the two. I liked them both.


My beautiful birthday cake -- with only three candles. Let's not start a fire by placing on a candle for each year of my life. Three candles works for me. It takes very little huffing and puffing to blow out three candles so I was assured of my wish coming true.


This cake is from the Watergate Pastry shop at the infamous Watergate building on Virginia Avenue, NW in Washington, DC. A delicious chocolate Grand Marnier cake. These are always wonderful. I have never had a bad cake from the Watergate Pastry. The marzipan disc in the center with "Happy Birthday J.E.N." was delicious enough on its own. I adore marzipan. There were gifts and cards from near and far. But one of the most wonderful of gifts will be celebrated in a couple weeks.


And that is a stay at the Nemacolin Woodlands Resort and Spa in Farmington, PA.


Doesn't this look wonderful.  I can't wait to check in.  I'm looking forward to enjoying fabulous food, a spa treatment and whatever else is offered.


"Fallingwater", the famous Frank Lloyd Wright house is nearby, so you should expect a post of pictures from that tour.

So, ... that was, ... and will be, my birthday 2016.

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig