We Had a Smashing Halloween!

We had about eighteen trick or treater's stop by last night, decked out in all manner of costumery. It is nice to see that children still enjoy this holiday. And why shouldn't they. They get to dress up in their favorite costume and gather a bag full of candy. Sounds like fun to me!


I carved the pumpkins over the weekend. We were lucky to find perfectly sized pumpkins at a local independent nursery. Just the right size for carving. They do not look so spectacular here.
 

But on the front porch all lit up, it was a different story. Here a spooky jack o'lantern with a bat shaped mouth.


A rather frightful guy with visions of other frightful  goblins.


And finally, this "Welcome" pumpkin with an inverted bat. I think of the three I like the middle one the best.



This was the first year for our new Halloween candy bowl. We got this at the Crate & Barrel Outlet on one of our excursions earlier this year.


It was the perfect size to hold our bags of goodies for the kids. This year I used bags with ghosts and jack o'lantern graphics.

The evening was fun-filled. We had a visit from our friend Mark who was dressed as Vasco da Gama, the Portugese Explorer. The holiday came and went so quickly. I could hardly believe it was over for yet another year. Now it is on to Thanksgiving and all the preparation for that.

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig