Cool Refreshment for Holiday Guests

We have only a couple days left before the big Thanksgiving gathering. While running errands recently, I found these wonderful carafes which I thought would be nice to have in the refrigerator filled with sparkling water naturally flavored with fruit. Let's take a look.


I found these at Giant. I like the colorful tops. The colors here will work nicely for the Thanksgiving holiday in an orangey pumpkin and a somewhat pinky cranberry.


Labels removed, carafes and infuser tubes thoroughly washed, it was time to decide how we were going to use these.


I bought a bag of Halos. These are wonderful little mandarin oranges that are quite delicious to just peel and eat for a snack.


I quartered them, leaving the rind intact.


Then I placed one entire Halo, in four quarters, in each infuser tube.


I filled one carafe with original sparkling water and the other with mandarin orange sparkling water.


Isn't that beautiful.


I did not fill them all the way to the top to allow for ice which I added a little later. I will tell you that if you are using sparkling water like I did, place cubed ice in the carafe and then add your sparkling water just before you intend to serve. Otherwise, it will go flat. Of course you could just use still water and then you would not have that worry.

These are just wonderful and will be used frequently. You could do a version of sangria in them and fill the infusers with all manner of sliced fruit and then add your favorite red wine. They would look wonderful tucked inside a big cooler of ice on the deck or patio in the summer.  Guests could just help themselves to a refreshing, cool libation leaving you to keep the party going.

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig