Here an Onion, There an Onion

You never know what you will find while running errands.  On a recent trip to market, I found the cutest storage cups for onions.  Take a look.


These onion savers were in a rather obscure place in the store.  Not in the produce section as you might expect.  Not in the condiment aisle.  But rather in the International Foods aisle.  Maybe this is how onions are stored internationally.  Who knows.


They are from a company named Culinary Elements, of which I am not familiar.  But if all their goods are this intriguing, I want to know more about them.


I thought the bags they came in were too cute.  It was the same kind of netting used for real onions which you will find in the produce department.  Very ingenious.  Very good marketing.


You see here the bottom half of each cup.  Someone was thinking ahead to add these raised edges in the bottom.  This allows air to circulate and keeps the onion from forming a soft spot where it would sit inside the cup.


I bought a large yellow onion and a large red onion to get an idea of just how large of an onion they would hold.


These are quite large.  I did not weigh them, but they are large.


Each fit in the cup with ease.


I placed the tops on and we were all set.  One thing about these that is also nice is that the tops lock in place.  You just line up the locking section and turn and if they take a tumble, the onion stays inside.


Ideally, uncut onions can be stored in the pantry.  Cut onions must be stored, tightly wrapped, in the refrigerator.  I store all onions in the refrigerator.  Cut or uncut.  These little onion savers will work either way.

A cute idea.

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig