Small Upgrades Here and There Throughout the House

The crew has been at Crest Avenue since early this morning working on the upgrades we wanted to make to the property before we list to the general public.  They have made good progress this week and I expect we will be listing some time next week.  While we felt these larger renovations were important to make ahead of the sale, I have been making smaller, much less expensive upgrades around the house.


And one of those upgrades was a new toilet paper roller with a chrome finish.  You might not think this is necessary, but people pick up on the smallest of things when they are walking through a house.  First impressions, indeed, mean everything.


Yes, the white plastic roller that was in there was fine.  It functioned well enough, but it was rather plain and basic.


This chrome-finished roller gives a much nicer look.  I notice things like this is people's home, so I know that potential buyers will notice it when they walk through Crest Avenue.  A recent conversation with my realtor revealed that one of her clients made the decision to buy a house solely on the faucet that was on the kitchen sink.  You never know what will be the one thing that is the deciding factor when someone is purchasing a house.  So, you take a look at everything and hope you get it right.  I doubt the toilet paper roller will be a deciding factor, but that taken in conjunction with the waterfall faucet on the bathroom sink and other upgrades in there, it could make a difference.

No comments

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig