I Am Slowly Phasing Out Soda and Replacing That Habit with Iced Tea

Growing up in the south, we drank iced tea all year round.  Lipton's iced tea.  My mother made it every day, sometimes several times per day.  Carbonated beverages were in the house, but we did not drink them very often.  That eventually changed.  Fast forward thirty plus years and I had developed quite an addiction to diet soda.  Diet Pepsi for many years and then a switch to Coke Zero. 

Recently I have taken to drinking tea again.  And I have to tell you my very favorite brand of bottled iced tea is the Diet Snapple Lemon and this "Half 'n Half" Diet Snapple made with green and black tea and lemonade.


According to the bottle label, this is a very simple recipe of filtered water, clarified lemon juice concentrate, tea and a few other ingredients to preserve and sweeten.


They call it "Diet Snapple", but you see here that you are consuming 10 calories per bottle and only 1 gram of carbohydrate.  Not bad.  So, depending on your consumption of tea per day, you should be well under 100 calories for the day from your beverage choice.  Actually, I am alternating a bottle of tea with a glass of water.  I prefer carbonated water, so I still get to enjoy a carbonated beverage in addition to some really delicious tea.


I found this case of 12 bottles at Safeway.  I like the fact that it is in glass bottles.  I don't generally get too worked up about eating or drinking things that are in plastic containers.  I mean, I have plastic containers in the kitchen at home that I store food in.  But I like that this tea is in glass bottles for a couple reasons.  First, it does take away any concern about chemicals in the plastic leeching into the drink, although I think that might be more hype than fact.  Second, and of way more importance to me, the glass bottles can be crushed and recycled.  I think our plastic disposal, or lack of proper plastic disposal, is a much bigger problem than any of us would like to admit or think about.  I'm down with the glass bottles.


I put three of these in the door of the refrigerator to cool down overnight so I have plenty of beverage for the next day.


And finally, time for a glass of this most delicious and refreshing iced tea.  FYI, they also have a Diet Peach flavored tea that is equally as good.

Believe me, I did the research on this post.  I didn't just grab some Snapple Iced Tea and decide to write a post that it was the best tea out there.  I sampled several different teas from different companies, and let me tell you, there is some awful tasting tea on store shelves these days.  Bad!  Really bad!  Snapple really has a great product that I am sure you will enjoy.  So I agree with their slogan that their tea is "made from the best stuff on earth!"  Try it!

No comments

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig