We're Having a Party!

Well, not really a "party".  Lea is coming over on Saturday evening for a pre-Thanksgiving evening.  We will serve wine, cocktails and an assortment of appetizers.  One of those appetizers will be a warm artichoke and spinach dip.  Nothing goes better with warm artichoke and spinach dip than freshly sliced baguette.  There is a new shop in Georgetown that has opened in just the past few weeks called "Fresh Baguette".  I had to stop in and see what they had and I'm glad I did.  Take a look.


Check them out at http://www.freshbaguette.net/
The outside of the store located at the corner of Wisconsin Avenue, NW and S Street, NW.  I have been driving by and watching the activity as they have been renovating the space, so I was glad to see that they were open.


Once inside I made my way to the bread wall.  I love the way they display these baguettes.  And check out the variety.


Another view of the baguette selection.  The color scheme in this beautiful, neutral gray is very warm and inviting.  The bread is displayed beautifully and it is easy to see what you are getting.  There is no guessing what you've just pulled out of a basket crammed full of bread in paper sleeves like at the chain grocery stores.  You get to choose exactly what you want.


There are plenty of choices available.  It's not all just baguettes.  They have these lovely Country Boules, Multi-Seed Country (Rye) Batard and Large Traditional Pave's.


I got one Traditional Baguette, one Poppy Seed Baguette and a Marguerite round of dinner rolls.  We will slice the baguette for the dip.  I think I'm going to separate the dinner rolls and make Garden Party Turkey Sandwiches with garden vegetable cream cheese spread, thin sliced smoked turkey, fresh baby spinach leaves, thinly sliced tomato and cucumbers.


A copy of their offerings in this nice little folded booklet.


Their Classic French Breads.


Pastries.


Sweets.


And sandwiches.  The pastry and sweets case just looked too wonderful.  I had to leave without stopping there because I would have surely bought something.  The sandwiches are freshly made so there was not a case with sandwiches that had been sitting all day.  I talked to a young woman who might have been the owner or at least had a fiduciary interest in the business and she told me that all of the breads and pastries - everything is made right there in the kitchen.  You could not get anything fresher unless you made it yourself.  There are three locations - Bethesda, Rockville and this one in Georgetown.  Check out the link I gave in the beginning of this post.  I cannot wait to try the bread.  I'm sure it will be delicious.  It would be well worth the drive to any of these locations.

I listed their web address above, but I will also list their Instagram address at @freshbaguette and their Facebook address at 1freshbaguette.

No comments

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig