No-Bake Mini Cheesecakes - Part II

Picking up where we left off yesterday, it was time to make the cheesecake filling for our mini cheesecakes.


We began with two, eight ounce blocks of cream cheese at room temperature.  I always use Philadelphia Brand Original cream cheese and I strongly suggest you do the same.  There just is no alternative to this.


Into the bowl of a stand mixer with the cream cheese.


Add to that, one-half cup of sour cream.


And one-third cup sugar.


Mix at medium speed until smooth, stopping to wipe down the sides of the mixing bowl so that you are certain to get all these ingredients fully incorporated.


Add in one-half cup of thawed whipped topping. 


Add one-quarter teaspoon of almond extract and beat just until fully blended.


Fold in remaining one-half cup of thawed whipped topping.


Time to remove the crusts from the refrigerator.  These have set up nicely and are now ready to receive the cream cheese topping.


All of my pastry bags and decorative tips are still in storage, so I did not have the luxury of using those to pipe the filling with a fanciful flair.  So I put the filling into a large Ziploc bag and cut off the corner and used that to fill the paper cups.


This really is the only way to fill them.  Either with a Ziploc bag like I have used here, or with a pastry bag.  To try and fill these using a spoon would be a disaster.  And you don't want that.


Here are the paper cups all filled with cheesecake mixture.  At this point I put the pan back into the refrigerator, but I did not cover it for obvious reasons.


Time to make the glaze for the fruit.  I used Smucker's strawberry jelly.  Nothing fancy.  Do not use preserves.  Do not use fruit spread.  And do not use anything marked "diet".  Use whatever brand you like, but just get strawberry jelly.  Good old fashioned strawberry jelly.


I used a tablespoon from the everyday flatware to measure.  I put two rather hearty scoops into a glass bowl.


Then I microwaved it in 30 minute intervals until it was melted.  Again, as with the butter, don't overheat the jelly in the microwave.  If you heat it twice and it is still a little solid, just stir it around.  The heat from the bowl and the melted jelly will finish the job.


I let the jelly cool a little, maybe 10 or 15 minutes until it had firmed up a little but was still in liquid form.  In with all 24 blueberries.  Stir them around with a spoon until they are completely coated.  Lay down a clean sheet of parchment paper and place them on the parchment paper.  Then do the same with the strawberries.


Let them sit on the parchment paper for a half hour or so.  That will give the glaze time to set.  If you put the fruit on the cheesecakes right after it is glazed, the glaze is going to run all over the top and that will not make for a good look on the buffet.


After 30 - 40 minutes, add the fruit to the cheesecakes in the pan.  When you are happy with how everything looks, use a large tablespoon from the everyday flatware to go around each cup and lift it out and place the finished product on your Kviterra.



These will look beautiful on your Christmas buffet table.
Here are some pictures of the final result. 

These are just simply beautiful and equally delicious.  This is the best no-bake cheesecake filling I have ever made.  I know you will love it as well.

No comments

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig