Continuing in the Bathroom

The two rooms that are most important to get set up right away during a move are the bathroom and the kitchen.  At least that is the case for me.  I can sleep on a mattress on the floor for a while if I have to, but I need the bathroom and kitchen to be fully functioning for me to begin to feel like it is home.  That is where I have been concentrating my efforts recently and where I will continue until they are both up and running.  A few more upgrades to the bath.


The vanity in the apartment is, … well, … a vanity.  Nothing spectacular.  This is a functional space that is necessary but generally not spectacular in any way.  Especially in an apartment, and especially in a building that was constructed in 1964.  So, what do we do with this rather plain space?


We add a little something.  This canvas covered box fit perfectly in the corner.  I added in some artificial greenery.  Generally I am not a fan of artificial plants anywhere in the interior spaces (or exterior spaces for that matter), but this works for me.  I'll live with it for a while and see how I feel after I get the bathroom finished.  A white porcelain tray and matching soap dispenser helps to make this space much more inviting.  I will need to add a hand towel for guests and I think the vanity top will be ready.


Now to these shower curtain rings.  What a disaster!  These rings were certainly something I would have returned, however, I ended up breaking two of them as I was removing them and I was not going to waste my time fighting with the seller to get a refund.  They were not that expensive and I know why now.  I saw these online and thought they would be different and a good look in the bathroom.  Indeed they were attractive.  The problem was closing them and then trying to open them again.  So, they fit over the shower curtain rod, then you place your shower curtain and liner over a small peg on one side and then "snap" that onto the opposite side of the ring and the shower curtain and liner is held in-place.  That's how they are supposed to work.  I would say to the manufacturer, you try snapping them together.  Next to impossible, but I did it.  Later on I went back to this project and tried to "unsnap" them so I could take the shower curtain and liner down and iron them and two of them broke because of the force I had to use to undo them.  That was the last straw.


So, I bought a lovely set of good old-fashioned shower curtain hooks with a decorative polished chrome design and put those in place of the snappers!  Much, MUCH better and I think a better look.

Come back tomorrow to see how this turned out and to see how our kitchen and bath setup continues.

No comments

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig