New Cookie Jars for Baxter

On a recent trip to The Container Store, I found new jars which I thought would work perfectly to hold cookies for Baxter, so I bought them.  I liked the design and it didn't hurt that they were having a sale and I got them for 30% off.

The old jars that we used to store treats for Baxter.  I did not like the design and there was no seal to keep out air.
Here is a picture of the jars I was using to store his treats.  I was not very enthused with these when I bought them, but I needed something and I thought these would do until I could find something better; and that is exactly what happened.


These jars are large and therefore hold a large amount of treats.  Baxter does not get treats on a regular basis, and when he does they are the healthiest treats I can find.  Watching his weight has been especially important all of his life since he was diagnosed with IVDD (Intervertebral Disk Disease) and had back surgery to correct it when he was five years old.


Even though I do not buy and store large quantities of treats for him, the problem with these jars was that there was no seal on either the jar or the lid to keep the treats fresh.  As you can see above, it is just glass on glass.


The new jars from The Container Store have this plastic seal which keeps out air and keeps the treats inside fresher for a much longer period of time.


In addition to the freshness factor, these jars are a good deal more attractive than the first set.  I love the wooden lids.  Such a nice look.  I keep these on the bottom shelf of one of the bedside tables so that he can enjoy a treat while watching tv if he desires.  Ah, ... the life and times of Baxter Newman.  I need to write that book.

No comments

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig