Easter Planters for a few Friends

Easter is here!  Two more days until Peter Cottontail shows up.  I decided to do small pots this year filled with a few goodies for a few friends.  I thought they turned out quite nice and I'll share them with you today.


I started this project with a couple bags of this Easter crinkle paper shred in grass green.  The label says "Easter" and this is a great color for any Easter project, but it could be used any time of year.  You could use it in little gift boxes at a garden party.


I found these little decorative pots at Safeway, of all places.  The Safeway near me has a small garden area in the spring filled with pots and flowers and even growing vegetables.  They had a couple tomato plants that looked particularly healthy when I was there earlier this week.

A little advice - if you decide to take on a project similar to this where you are working with shredded crinkle cut paper, place the receptacle (in this case, the pot from Safeway) inside a plastic trash bag that has been secured inside a trash can.  This makes clean up very easy because basically, there is no clean up.  Any crinkle cut paper that does not make it inside the receptacle is already inside the trash bag and not flying around all over the floor or your counter-top or tabletop.


I filled each pot over the rim so there would be plenty of cushion for the treats that were coming.  You don't have to go to the extreme, but make sure the receptacle is filled sufficiently.


I found these little packs of bugs & bees at CVS with the rest of the Easter goodies.  I thought they were particularly cute.


Here they are out of the over-wrap.  I think Lindt really stepped up with these.  The candies, the packaging - everything is absolutely perfect.


I thought some Lindt chocolate wrapped as carrots was another nice touch. Milk chocolate with hazelnut.  That is a favorite for me!!!


Finally, our cute little pots all filled with goodies for the friends.  In addition to the bugs & bees and the carrots, I added a Godiva chocolate bunny.  The ones in teal are milk chocolate and the ones in purple (which you cannot really see in this picture) are dark chocolate.  To finish it off, I added a small scented candle to each pot.  I found the candles at T.J. Maxx and they are all divine.


I searched online for an Easter themed image and settled on this super cute "Happy Easter" clip-art.  I'm glad it said "Happy" Easter and not "Hoppy" Easter.  If it had said "Hoppy" Easter, I would have kept looking.  I signed each of these cards at the bottom and then slipped them in the pots behind the Godiva bunnies.

I hope my friends enjoy these.  I'm sure they will and so will yours.

No comments

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig