New Lamp Finials, Part Two

I received the lamp finials at my office on Friday and was anxious to get home and see how they looked on the lamps.  Take a look.


This is the original finial that came with the lamp.  I understand that during the design process someone probably said, "We'll have some resin left over from the bases so why don't we use that to make matching finials" and the group agreed that would be a good idea, but these finials did not work for me.


Here we are with the new finial in place.  A very nice look.


On the second lamp we had the same faux concrete finial.  While I really like the faux concrete bases of these lamps for some reason the finials reminded me of a finial you might see on a lamp at Fred Flintstone's house.  They were just wonky and oversized and they did not add anything to the chic look of these lamps.


A better view of the new finial on the second lamp.  Really stunning.  This is most definitely an improvement.


Finally a view, after dark.  These finials were a nice upgrade to the lamps.  They were a little more expensive than what I would have liked to have paid, but for a good quality finial I felt the price was justified.

No comments

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig