An Experiment with the Outside Lighting

I tried a little experiment recently by changing the bulb in the lamp post in the front of Crest Avenue to a flicker bulb.


You are all familiar with these flicker flame bulbs. They give the look of an actual flame being burned. They are used mainly for decorative purposes. But I thought I would try one in the lamp post just to see what it would look like. The first thing I noticed was that this was a 3W bulb. You are not going to get much light from a 3W bulb. But I wanted to try it anyway.


I removed this very pretty cut glass bulb from the lamp post. This provides very beautiful lighting at the front walk.


 I replaced it with our 3W flicker flame bulb.


A little while later, at the very edge of darkness, the automatic eye turned on the bulb. First and foremost, it was very pretty to look at. It was very intriguing to watch inside the glass casing.


As darkness set in, it was clear that this was not going to offer nearly enough light for the front walk. If it was a night of guests and they were arriving and leaving by way of the light emitted here, that would never work. So, I ended up removing the flicker bulb and putting the cut glass bulb back in. I will find another use for this. Maybe I will get several more of these and use them in the window candles which will soon be set out as part of the Christmas season.

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig