A New Dishwasher Cleaner

We tried a new dishwasher cleaner at Crest Avenue.  Here are the results.


This was an impulse buy in that I did not have it on my errand list the day I was shopping.  I have not seen the Cascade dishwasher cleaner while shopping in the past.


I have always used Dishwasher Magic.  These two products work a little differently in how they clean.  Dishwasher Magic is placed in the silverware basket, upside down, after you remove the twist on cap.  There is a wax plug that dissolves as the hot water enters the dishwasher and the cleaner is released into the dishwasher.  The Cascade cleaner is a gel pac that is placed in the detergent cup.


As you can see here, the dishwasher was not filthy.  I frequently wipe it down between uses but only superficially.


Here is the gel pac.  There is just one in the bag.


Into the detergent cup.


And close the door as you would when running a normal wash.


One item that had been neglected was this port through which the dishwasher vents steam after the cleaning cycle has completed.  Obviously I had overlooked this in my efforts to keep the interior surface clean.


I ran a normal wash cycle like I would with any regular wash.


The vent in the door was cleaner, but not completely without stains.  I went over it again with some Formula 409 and a warm dishcloth to remove any stains left behind.

My assessment of the Cascade gel pac is that I believe it does prevent limescale and odor, but it does not remove stains.  And to be fair, it does not say on the package that it will remove stains.  Even the Dishwasher Magic does not claim it will remove stains.  That task is still left to us.  But either of these cleaners, I believe, are beneficial to run through your dishwasher from time to time.  They are able to clean areas that we cannot reach.  We can surely maintain the obvious areas that need cleaning on our own.

No comments

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig