Quick and Easy Guacamole

I decided to make guacamole from our avocados rather than using them in a salad.  We'll make the salad next week.  I put this together myself in hardly any time and you can do the same.


I used three avocados since they were small-ish.  Generally, the avocados that come in the mesh bags are on the small side.  The ones you find in the bins the produce department are larger, so you could probably do with two if you are using those.

So the ingredients for this quick recipe are three small avocados, half of a lemon, eight ounces of freshly made salsa or pico de gallo and regular table salt.  I added a bag of Frontera Guacamole mix also.  This mix is not necessary to this recipe.  You may add it or not.  The recipe is delicious either way.


As you see above, the mix contains tomatillo, green chile and garlic, which are all very good in guacamole, but not essential.


I halved the three avocados.  They ripened beautifully in the brown paper bag with the holes.  These were the perfect ripeness for guacamole or most any use.


I slice the avocado in the skin with a small paring knife into cubes and then scoop out the content with a tablespoon.  This work like a charm.


Into a medium sized bowl with all three chopped avocados.


 Slice the lemon in half.
 

Squeeze one-half of the lemon over the avocados.


I just squeezed the lemon with my hand making certain that no seeds made their way into the bowl.  You could cover the lemon half with cheesecloth and squeeze it.  The cheesecloth would hold the seeds in place inside the lemon.  Or you could juice the lemon with a lemon juicer and pour the juice over the avocados.


The table salt measurement is not exact.  Start with about a quarter teaspoon and add as you see fit.


I bought this eight ounce container of salsa from Balducci's.  It was freshly made and it saved an enormous amount of time.  No need to stand over the counter finely dicing tomatoes and onions when it has already been done for you.


I added the entire eight ounces to the avocados and give the combination a good stir, breaking up the avocado cubes with the back of a large spoon.  I did not want to put it through the food processor because I wanted it to be chunky.


After the salsa and avocados were thoroughly mixed and mashed, I added the bag of guacamole mix.  A good stir to full incorporate all the ingredients and then it was time to give it a try.  The determination would be - EXCELLENT!  Actually, I tested the mixture before adding the guacamole mix and it was quite delicious.  I wasn't certain that I was going to add the mix, but I wanted to try it, so I did.  As I said earlier, it added flavor.  It made it more robust.  But I liked it both ways.  Do not feel that you have to add the guacamole mix.


I used the container from Balducci's that had the salsa in it to store the majority of the guacamole.  This will be used at a later date, sometime this weekend.  I'm certain that the flavor will only be enhanced after sitting overnight.

So there you have a quick and easy guacamole recipe.  Give it a try!

No comments

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig