A Funny Thing Happened on the way to the Egg Cooker

I have had this Krups egg cooker for more years that I can remember.  It is perfect for making hard cooked eggs.  It can also make medium and soft cooked eggs but I have never used it for either of those purposes because I do not eat medium or soft cooked eggs.  I use it primarily to make hard cooked eggs to add to a green salad or for a wonderful egg salad filling for sandwiches or to hard cook eggs for deviled eggs.  I like to keep hard cooked eggs in the refrigerator for a snack.  Sometimes a hard cooked egg will be a satisfying treat that will keep my hand out of a bag of chips.

So here is the unit.  Compact and efficient in design and an overall good quality appliance from Krups.

Here is the control panel.  Center is off, of course,  Left is, ... well, ... who knows.  And right is, ... well, ... who knows.  I could never remember which way to turn the button when I was cooking eggs.  One setting is to cook the eggs and the other setting is to keep them warm, although, I don't know why you would want to keep them warm.  Once they are cooked to your liking, wouldn't you serve them or put them away in the refrigerator until later.  Who knows.  So every time I would use this I would have to log on to a website to be reminded which setting was correct for cooking the eggs.


I found this set of Post-it flags in my desk and I thought I could use them in an unconventional way to help my poor old brain remember which setting to use when using the egg cooker.

I placed one of the flags next to the setting used to cook, but this did not really grab me.  This would certainly work, but it was a bad look.


I found my "one hole punch" and punched a green dot out of the Post-it flag.  Unfortunately, the colored parts of these little page flags have no adhesive so I had to find a way to get it to adhere to the unit.

So I used a can of spray adhesive and sprayed one side of the green dot I punched out then applied the dot to the side of the cooker next to the cooking setting.

Now, when it's time to use the egg cooker, I know which setting to use to cook my eggs.

This may seem like a silly post, but believe me, the day will come in your life when you will not be able to remember which setting is the "cooking" setting on your egg cooker and you'll be glad you read this post when that day arrives.

No comments

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig