And Finally, Blooms!

 And the moment we have all been waiting for, ...

We have a blooming amaryllis.  I thought this overhead shot would be a good way to show you what has already bloomed and what will be blooming in the next few days.  You can see that we currently have three open blooms on the one with at least two more blooms to come in the next couple days.

Now, a vertical shot to show just how beautiful and healthy these are.  I had forgotten what color to expect.  Actually, I expected them to be white, but they are this lovely pink variegated.

Another shot of this forward facing bloom.  I could not be more pleased with these.  Healthy and beautiful.  I picked these up from Giant on a grocery run before the holidays.  And by that I mean, before Thanksgiving.  They are just those mass produced bulbs that everybody picks up during the season every year.

I never have high expectation for these bulbs.  Some years I have really good luck with them and some years I do not.  I left these to linger in the box for substantially longer than I thought would be good, but I am quite impressed.  Of course, once I planted them I did make sure they were well watered, but not too much.  And I added the plant food pellets which probably helped.  In this shot you can see the second stem, a little taller than the one that is blooming, with several more blooms to come.  I will likely post one final picture once they are all opened.  I'm really rather liking having these in the house now rather than during the holidays.

No comments

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig