Cute Insulated Coffee Cups

On a recent early morning errand run in Rockville, MD, I was waiting for World Market to open when I realized there was a TJ Maxx in the same plaza.  So I thought I would run in and see what TJ Maxx might have that I couldn't live without.  This was an early Sunday morning and when I made my way to the entrance to TJ Maxx I was met with a dark showroom and a sign stating that they were not open on Sunday.  What?  Not open on Sunday?  I've never heard of such.  Dejected, I made my way down the escalator and upon reaching the first floor noticed a Dollar Tree store - which was open.  Still having about 15 minutes before World Market was scheduled to open, I decided to walk through Dollar Tree.  I did not really expect to pick up anything, but I thought I would walk through.  As it turned out, I did pick up a few things and I will share some of those purchases with you today because I thought these were so especially attractive.

And what am I talking about?  These wonderful 16 ounce coffee cups with a "bee" design and lids.  I thought these were too cute.  I rarely make coffee during the week, but on the weekend, the percolator is going strong early in the morning.  And yes, I said "percolator".  I just bought a new percolator and we'll talk about that later.

Here is a closer look at the bee design on these cups.  I bought them because of the bee design, not necessarily for the message.  "Bee the change".  I'm not sure what that means or if there is some hidden agenda, but if there is, it was completely and totally lost on me.

The package these came in also contained these cute hot cup holders with bees traveling in all directions.  Loved these.  They could have just enclosed plain white cup holders, which would have been fine, but I liked that they put a little thought into it and continued the theme.

Of course, I needed somewhere to store the cup holders and while I was making my way through the store, I found these little unfinished wooden boxes.  I thought one of these would work perfectly to store the cup holders.  (I ended up buying several of these!)

And, indeed, it did!  Perfection.  I contemplated whether or not to paint the box or stain it or, at a minimum, to at least varnish it, but in the end I decided that I liked it just as it was.  No need for too much fuss.  Just use it as is to store the cup holders and I think that was the right choice.

Here, stored in the kitchen cabinet above the area where I make coffee, the cups and the cup holders, right at hand and easily accessible.  I can fill my cup with coffee, slip on a cup holder and snap on a lid and I'm good to go for Saturday and Sunday morning errands or project work around the apartment.

These were ridiculously inexpensive.  I think everything I bought in the store that day was $1.25.  I have since shredded the receipt, but I think I remember looking at it and literally everything I bought was $1.25.  I thought you might like knowing about these.  If you are in the market for such an item and you happen to be near a Dollar Tree, you will know where to find them.

No comments

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig