Goodies from Crate & Barrel Outlet

Yesterday, I told you about our lunch in Old Town on Sunday.  Afterward, we went shopping at Crate & Barrel Outlet Store in Alexandria, VA.  Here are some of the goodies I bought at outstanding savings.


I could not resist this quirky and fun glazed bowl with a Halloween motif.  We will use this to hold bags of candy for the little ghouls and goblins who arrive on All Hallow's Eve this year.


A full 12" in diameter, and very deep, this bowl will hold a substantial amount of candy.  I like to make the candy gift bags ahead of time and place them in a bowl on a table beside the front door. That way it is so very easy to hand each child a bag and keep things moving.


Need to add a little height to your buffet table?  Then get to the Crate & Barrel and outlet and pick up a few of these wire stands.  These are designed to hold serving dishes at varying heights and will add some visual depth to the buffet.  I have been looking for something like this for some time.  The taller stands were $7.95; the shorter $6.95.


For these long, flat serving trays, the wire stands are a perfect fit.  If you do not want the wire stand to show, you could cover them with cloth napkins and then set your tray of food on top.  I will likely try that when I use them because I am not a fan of seeing the stand.  Maybe for a less formal party you could use them as above.


And a final view, this time so you can see the serving tray on the stand.  The wire that makes up the surface area on the stand is crimped which gives it a better hold on whatever size tray you use.  Most glazed serving trays have a coarse, non-glazed bottom, so that helps to keep the tray steady.



Next, these beautiful planters.  Very large.  They are eighteen inches square at the outside dimension on top.  Then they taper down to a twelve inch base.  They are stunning.  Simple.  Clean lines.


I would describe the color as brown-black.  Along the edges they are highlighted with a light silver-gray color.  These are really beautiful.  They can be used indoors or out.  However, if you use them outdoors, they must not be allowed to freeze.  So, mid-Atlantic and northward, these would need to be brought in during the winter months.  I do not think I will use them outdoors.  They are much to pretty.  They will be used indoors.  I just have not decided where.


Finally, this beautiful white winter wreath.  I like this very much.  I may embellish it with silver, glass balls.  I have not decided just yet.  I'll need to give it some thought.  But either way, these will be up for the Christmas season this year.  On the front door?  Possibly.  Or as decoration inside.  Again, we will have to wait and see.

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig