We are trying Rachel Ray's New Food for Baxter

Today we are changing gears.  We are talking dog food.  I have recently seen Rachel Ray advertising her new line of nutritious food for dogs on tv and I was intrigued.  She calls it a "Super Premium Food For Dogs."  I think little Baxter will be the final judge of that!


Baxter has eaten Blue Buffalo dry food since he was a puppy.  We bought the puppy formula in the beginning and then moved to the adult blend as he matured.  He loves it.  We mix it with part of a container of Freshpet refrigerated food for his evening meal.  In the morning he gets a serving of Freshpet Select.


This is Freshpet Select.  He REALLY loves this.  It is so simple to serve.  You just slice a portion using the pre-measured marks on the packaging, and breakfast is served.  A healthy way for him to start his day.  His father should have such a healthy breakfast every morning.  But we will talk about that another time.



When I opened the bag of Rachel Ray Dish, this is what was inside.  Rachel says on the ad that the peas are real peas; the carrots are real carrots.  They are freeze dried, of course.  It looks like a healthy blend of food from my vantage point.  Another claim is that is it grain-free, and I like that.


I bought the five-pound bag.  Baxter is so small that a five-pound bag of food lasts forever. Especially since it is only used for the evening meal.  The bag was not resealable.  But that's OK.  I cut out the "Best if Used by Date" label from the bag.


Then I transferred the contents to a large Ziploc bag.  I placed the label inside the Ziploc bag.  There is little chance that this bag of food will not be eaten well before March 10, 2017.  But it doesn't hurt to have this information in the bag.


Into the Ziploc bag and then into the refrigerator.  We store his dry food in the refrigerator.  I may have told you this before.  But it is worth repeating.  I know that it does not say on the bag that the food needs to be refrigerated, but I refrigerate it anyway.  It helps to keep it fresh to the very end. How would you like your dinner to come from the bottom of a bag that has been sitting in the pantry for a month.  Point made.

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig