A Follow Up on the Onion Bulbs

You remember our post a few days ago about planting the onion bulbs in the pot with petunias on top. I think I attached a You Tube recording of Arthur Godfrey singing "I'm a Lonely Little Petunia in an Onion Patch."  Guess what!  We have onions sprouting!


Here, our clay pot with the onion bulbs tossed into a well in the center of the soil.  No need to place them in a perfect circle, one by one.  Just drop them in the soil.


And a little while later, here come the onions.  When we harvest the onions it will interrupt the petunias, but that's OK.  I will either plant them back in this pot or transfer somewhere else.  I don't get too upset about these things.  I don't get upset at all.  Gardening should be fun, not something you dread.


I always enjoy taking a walk through the gardens because I never know what I will find.  These cute little white flowers popped up out of nowhere.  I like finding flowering plants like this that have naturalized in the gardens.  So beautiful.

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig