Mini Tabasco and a Veggie Tray

On our shopping outing last weekend, we made a stop at World Market in Pentagon City.  We love World Market.  I wanted to share one of the items I found with you.


This really cute collection of miniature Tabasco bottles in a variety of flavors.  I thought these would be perfect to keep at the office.  As you know, I bring my lunch from home every day.  Sometimes I might feel like I want to spice it up a little.  Now I can.


These mini bottles give me some variety and I don't have to invest in huge bottles that will somehow mysteriously disappear from the refrigerator at the office.


On a separate but similar topic, I wanted to share this veggie tray I made last week.  Incredibly simple to make and always a crowd pleaser.  I kept it minimal - broccoli florets, sliced orange, yellow and red pepper, and grape tomatoes.  Then I sprinkled the entire tray with tortilla strips and sundried tomatoes.  You can make a delicious veggie dip or, if time is getting away from you, buy a good quality dip to serve with your crudite.  A few sundried tomatoes in the center of the dip bowl adds some flare.


For Friday evening, I set out the veggie tray, sliced summer sausage and thinly sliced white cheddar cheese, and an assortment of "Toasteds" brand crackers (my favorite), macaroni salad and warm onion dip.  I know you may not think warm onion dip might be something you want to serve to guests, but believe me, it is always a favorite.  I'll post the recipe next week.

Everyone have a wonderful, fun and safe Memorial Day weekend.  Please remember our brave men and women in service to the country. 

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig