Lawn & Leaf Chute

Sometimes I find just the perfect thing that I need that I didn't know I needed until I found it.  That sounds like an Abbott and Costello routine.  But no matter how it sounds, I found something new that I just know all of my readers will want.  It is called the Lawn & Leaf Chute.


Most municipalities will no longer accept yard waste in any form of traditional plastic yard waste bags.  For years, we were required to use clear plastic bags to dispose of yard waste.  No other bag would do.  No heavy duty black bags.  No tall kitchen white bags.  Only clear plastic bags, which were impossible to find.  The town would tell us they were happy to sell us clear plastic bags from the Town Works department but they had hours that made it impossible to go over and pick up the bags during the week and they were closed on the weekend.  Ugh!  A few years ago that all changed. We received notice in the monthly newsletter that yard waste would only be picked up in tall brown paper bags.  Fortunately, you can find these bags everywhere!  And they are incredibly inexpensive. So I did not have an issue with moving to brown paper bags for yard waste.  Except for the fact that filling them with yard waste was a nightmare!  They fall over.  Limbs tear them apart.  An unpleasant experience.  Until the Leaf & Lawn Chute.


I was in Home Depot over the weekend and as I was making my way to check out, I found an end cap with these odd looking, green corrugated boards.  I had to investigate further.  It turns out that someone saw a need and took advantage of the situation and designed this foldable plastic insert that can be positioned inside the yard waste bags making the task of collecting yard waste a breeze.


It is just a matter of inserting the contraption into the yard waste bag and making a few folds and the next thing you know you have a nice sturdy bag with which to work to clean up your yard.


I began filling up this bag with great ease.


And the next thing I knew, I had filled it quite full of yard debris.  When the bag is full, you simple grab the sides of the insert and pull it out.  Place the bag curbside and the next morning the grounds crew will pick it up.


Then, simply fold it flat again and store it in your shed until the next time you are cleaning up the yard.  You simply must get one of these.  No more struggling with paper bags.  Such a great invention and nicely priced.  I think I paid $1.85 for mine.

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig