What's Going on with the Earth Boxes?

Many of you will recall I did not have good luck last year with the Earth Boxes.  The tomatoes, bell peppers, cucumbers - all of it was a disaster.  They all died on the vine.  I attributed it to the weather. We will never know for certain exactly what happened.  On a recent trip to the Earth Boxes I found a surprise which I want to share with you today.


Strawberries.  My strawberry plants are as healthy and vibrant as can be.


I was so pleased to see that they made it through the winter and came back very strong this year.


I think the best thing to do will be to remove them from the Earth Boxes and transplant them to the cedar planter.  That seems to be the perfect place for growing most anything.  I would really enjoy a nice crop of strawberries next year.


A little further back from the boxes with the strawberries are boxes with ornamental grasses.  When it became evident that the vegetables were not going to produce last year, I dug them out and planted ornamental grasses in their place.  They loved it in the Earth boxes.


I think it is time to transplant these to a different location also.  They are so beautiful and they need to be in a location where they can be enjoyed.  They are too crowded together here and rather than looking elegant and showy, they just look like weeds.


A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig