The Contents of Melinda's Gift

I wanted to share with you today the pictures I took of the actual contents of Melinda's birthday gift.


We started with a two-pack of Pepperidge Farm Milano cookies.  I don't think I've ever met anyone who didn't like Milano cookies.  And even if the recipient of the gift is diabetic, there are only two cookies in the pouch.  Even a diabetic can have two Milano cookies as long as they get on the treadmill later in the day.


Next, a little bag of gold foil wrapped chocolate coins for good luck.  I don't recall now where I heard that, but I remember someone telling me that adding these to any gift brings good luck.  Who knows. But it certainly won't hurt to include them.  Plus they are just good!


Almond Roca.  You don't see these everywhere, so if you are interested in putting together a little gift bucket and you cannot find this, just replace it with some other similar item.


A small bag of Jelly Belly beans.  I love them.  I think most people do.


This cute shortbread cookie decorated to look like an orange slice was too cute to pass up.  This was not part of the original combination.  I found this later as I was making my way through Target and decided to add it.  I think it was a good choice.


And finally, a little bag of Kahlua flavored coffee.  I know Melinda is a coffee drinker, so I added this.  If your friend is not a coffee drinker, then substitute with maybe a box of tea or something special he or she likes.


These little buckets turned out better than I had originally imagined.  And no, you are not seeing double.  I made two of them.  One for Melinda and one for Yvonne.  Yvonne's birthday was on Monday.  Notice that I did not get matching buckets.  Both had floral designs, but one had smaller flowers than the other.

Such a great idea for gift giving.  And not terribly expensive to put together.  Including the bucket, somewhere between $10 - $15 each.  You could also place a gift card to Target or some other favorite store in the mix.  It all depends on how much you want to spend.  Give this a try the next time you are gift giving.  They would make great gifts for teachers!

No comments

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig