Halloween Pom Poms

Back to some Halloween decoration. Today I want to share with you these fun Halloween Pom Poms I picked up at Walmart. The project I used these for turned out just great. Take a look.


These pom poms come one to a package, not three to a package. I thought this picture was a little misleading.


When you open the package, this is what you will find inside.


There is a band placed at the center of the tissue paper along with a nice length of string for hanging. I decided not to hang them, but if you do, they supply you with ample string to do so.


All you do is start separating the many layers of tissue.


Continue with this until you start to see a circular shape forming.


Here is a close up view of how it should be looking.


When you are done separating all the layers, you will have this wonderful round pom pom in brilliant orange. If I were having a Halloween party this year, I would hang lots of these from the ceiling, all different levels. But I decided to take a different route.


I thought we needed some spiders. What is Halloween with spiders. And if you must have spiders for Halloween, then they must be glitter spiders.


In addition to the glitter spiders. I found these bejeweled spiders. Glittered and bejeweled is the only way to go for ANY holiday, including Halloween. These are actually rings for the kids to wear. But we weren't taking that route. Read on.


The next thing I knew, my pom poms were being taken over by glittered spiders.


I did two pom poms, each with three spiders. I fired up the hot glue gun thinking I would need that to adhere them, but I did not. They cling quite sturdily to the pom poms so I put the hot glue gun away. For now.


And then I noticed our bowl of Butterfinger bars was being overrun with jeweled spiders. Would you dare to grab a sweet from this bowl on All Hallow's Eve?


This small pass-through counter from the dining room to the kitchen needed dressing for Halloween, so I placed two pom poms and the bowl of extra candy here to add some frightful decor.


This turned out better than I had imagined. Sometimes that happens. What a fun corner this is. These pom poms are quite inexpensive. I do not know that I will store them for next year. Somehow I do not think they will store well. But the spiders will definitely be put away for next year. I hope your Halloween decorating is coming along nicely. Less than a week to go!

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig