Our Mum Pots Turned out Great!

You will remember a couple weeks ago, we planted mums in little plastic pots we found at CVS. The mums were a little sparse at the time.  I always buy mums that have not fully opened.  You want to get them early and get them planted so you can get as much as enjoyment as possible when they are fully opened.


So, here were our mums when we first purchased them.  And the creeping jenny.  And the plastic pots from CVS.


And here they are today.  So incredibly beautiful.  The mums evidently love their new home in these plastic cauldrons.  And the creeping jenny is gorgeous and vibrant.


This second pot is even more lush and beautiful.  I think I like the white mums with the yellow centers better than all the other color choices.  These will not last through Halloween.  When the blooms start to fade, I will remove them and plant them in a garden I want to start for mums only.  I will probably buy some more for Halloween decoration as the time grows nearer.


In other news - I added this black feather wreath to the mantel in front of the Irving Penn.  I simply set it in front of the print that resides on the mantel year round.  Decoration for the holidays does not need to be strict and structured.  Experiment a little.  Try something that you would not ordinarily do and see how it works out.  Wreaths are not necessarily for hanging.  As is evident here.




A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig