More Halloween Decorating

It's time to get serious and get the outdoors decorated for the little ghosts and goblins. I had a great idea for the front entrance that turned out fantastic. Read on.


I found these two skulls at Michael's on a recent trip. I was shopping for something other than skulls on this particular day, but I saw these and I had a coupon, so I bought them. They really are as scary looking as they appear in this picture.


While I was shopping in Michael's, I also found these two ominous crows. I knew the crows would be a good addition to the skulls, but I wasn't certain just how. It all came to me a little later.


As you see here, the skulls can be hung, which would make for a spooky scene. But I had other ideas. I left the attached string in place in case we want to hang them next year.


I knew for certain these would be used outdoors and at the front entrance.  I wanted them in the planters on either side of the front door.  But how was I going to make that work?


Remember, we planted the asparagus fern in these planters in the summer and we added the small solar lights a while later.


I noticed while I was in the store that the underneath side of the skulls had these large indentations. I immediately knew how I could make this work.


The first thing to do was to find the hot glue gun. Finding the hot glue gun is usually the first step in many of my projects. You cannot live without a hot glue gun. So if you do not own one, go out today and buy one.


That looks like crows feet on top of a skull.


And that looks like another set of crows feet on top of another skull.


And indeed, that is what it is. I glued one crow on top of one skull.


And the other crow on the other skull. I like that one crow has his wings open and the other does not.


The indentations in the bottom of each skull fit perfectly over the solar lights in each planter. It was a snug fit so I did not use the hot glue gun to hold them in place.

This really looks wonderful. I could not have been more pleased with how it turned out. And not terribly expensive to make. Just a little ingenuity and a hot glue gun!

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig