These Boots are Made for . . .

Nancy Sinatra said her boots were "made for walkin' ",



I suppose that stands true for these boots too. However, these will serve a more utilitarian purpose.

Every homeowner, man or woman, needs a pair of these. And while we are certainly not a fashion blog, I decided to post about my new Bean Boots because, actually, they are a part of running a home. Read on.


It's always a treat to receive a box in the mail. But it's even more of a treat when that box arrives from the L.L. Bean company. A long reputation as a quality retailer of high quality clothing. You can never go wrong with a purchase from L.L. Bean.


I needed a new pair of duck boots. We call them duck boots around here. The L.L. Bean company calls them the L.L. Bean Boot.


Either way, you must own a pair of these. There will be times in any homeowner's life where you find yourself out of doors in snow or mud or both. Believe me on this one. And when it happens, you will want a pair of these on your feet.


I bought the mid-height. There is a version that is shorter, much like a casual shoe. And there is a version that comes mid-calf. For purposes at Crest Avenue, I find the mid-height work best.


And here we have the first one of the pair laced up and on my foot. These run a little large so order a size down. I usually wear a size eleven, so that is what I ordered the first time. They were too big. So I sent them back for a size ten, which is what you see here. They fit perfectly.


These are very sturdy boots that will last for many years. I think these may be only the second or third pair I've bought and I am, ... , well, ... , let's just say I've been around for a few years. They are a little expensive, but in the end well worth the money. You will get many years of use from them.


I was reading in the literature that was included in the box that on their Facebook page you can log on and thank the person who assembled your boots. Apparently I need to contact Nancy and thank her for a job well done.

If you are interested in making a purchase, you can click here to be taken to the L.L. Bean website.

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig