A New, ... and Better Shower Head

When I moved into the apartment, there was, in the shower enclosure, one of these handheld, water saving shower heads.


This simply would not do.  These things are just a nuisance.  I can never position them to my liking.  They are impossible to keep clean.  The water pressure is, ... well there is no water pressure.  This had to be changed and quickly.  An unpleasant shower is not a way to start your day.  So I started my search online for a new shower head.  I wanted a water saver, but also one that provided suitable water pressure.  I found exactly that at www.highpressureshowerheads.com


I chose the "Veloce" Shower Head in polished chrome.  I love the compact rectangular design of this shower head.  I was in hopes that it would add style and comfort and indeed, it did both.


They even included a roll of teflon tape to assist in the installation.  The only thing you need is a pair of flat blade pliers and you are ready to install.


If you are not familiar with teflon tape, it is a special kind of tape that is wrapped around the threads on the water pipe that comes out of the wall to which the shower head is fastened.  It it not sticky like you may think of in traditional tape.  It is a thin, waterproofing type of tape that clings to itself and provides a watertight seal between the male threads on the water pipe and the female threads on the shower head.  It does not take very much tape to provide this seal.  A couple of times around the threads on the water pipe and you will have enough tape in place to prevent leaks.  Then you simply screw on the new shower head and tighten, lightly, with pliers.


When I was done, this was how the new shower head looked.  A beautiful look.  Unusual.  Well, maybe not as unusual today and a few years ago.  These rectangular shower heads are more prevalent, especially in high end homes these days.  This shower head offers amazing water pressure, especially for an eighth floor apartment and it is a water saver, which makes the management company happy.  This was a great upgrade to an already lovely apartment.


No comments

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig