Reminders in a Frame

I needed a place to keep a couple everyday recipes and a reminder schedule for fertilizing the house plants.  So I used an inexpensive black picture frame from CVS.  Take a look.


Here is the finished project.  As you can see, this picture frame is designed to display two 5 x 8 pictures.  I decided I had another use for it.  I removed the back and used the piece of paper that was in the frame to figure out the dimensions.  Then I created a text box using Word that was the same size as the paper in the frame.  I created two separate text boxes and placed them inside the large text box, then I added the text.  A few adjustments here and there and in no time I had the spacing just right and I printed the insert and put the frame back together.


On the left, my two favorite smoothie recipes which I prepare at least one of every day.


On the right, the schedule for fertilizing the houseplants.  These were the two most important things for me right now.  I thought the little potted plants separating the instructions on this side were very cute.


I used these Scotch brand mounting squares to mount the frame in an area where I will be certain to see it on a daily basis.  I also wanted it mounted somewhere in the kitchen so I would have my two smoothie recipes there in case I needed a refresher on the ingredient list.


I removed the easel from the back of the frame since I will not be sitting this on a table top.  I placed one Scotch brand mounting square in each corner, pressing them in place for a total of 30 seconds each.


Finally, I mounted it on the back of this upper cabinet door.  It is at eye-level.  The shelves in the cabinets are recessed enough so that when I close the door the frame does not hit the shelf.  I am in this cabinet often (as you can see, there are champagne coups on the top shelf - of course I am in this cabinet often).  This cabinet door is to the right of the counter where I prepare smoothies, so that is convenient and I also have a constant reminder of the fertilization schedule for the houseplants.  I decided to mount it here because this works best for me in my kitchen.  If you are interested in preparing the same for your kitchen, find a spot where it works best for you.  Maybe on the refrigerator.  I do not like anything on my refrigerator, but if that works for you, then by all means.  Maybe you have a built in desk in or near the kitchen and you would like to place it there.  Maybe in your pantry.  Wherever it works for you.  I find this much more effective than reminders on my smartphone.

No comments

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig