Gourds Galore

I mentioned yesterday that I picked up some gourds over the weekend.  Black and white gourds, ... and some others.


These are my three black and whites.  Well, there is a little green tinge on two of them, but that just adds to the character.


This one is all white, which I love.  It is a little stained on the one side from time in the gourd patch, but I will just leave that.


This is my favorite of the three I picked up.  Such an interesting shape and predominantly black with hues of green.


And finally, this cute white and green gourd.  I love the way it looks like someone painted these colors on it.  These were all purchased at the nursery I visited at Bishop Aimilianos Laloussis Park on Massachusetts Avenue over the weekend.  These black and white and dark green gourds were all in a box separated from the yellow and orange gourds.  I think I'll go back and purchase several more of these.  I would like a large bowl on the coffee table for the season.


A good start to my collection of gourds for the 2019 fall season.  I have a few more that I bought earlier at a different location.


These cute little pumpkin shaped gourds are perfect in this spot on top of the entertainment center.  As you can see I have done a little Halloween decorating.


Finally, this "bumpy" gourd in orange.  I want to dry all of these so I can store them and use them again next year, so I will drill a hole in each of them to help facilitate the drying process.  I've tried the brown paper bag routine and the newspaper on the attic floor routine and all I end up with is moldy, squishy gourds.  I am going to try drilling holes this time and see how that works.  More to follow.

No comments

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig