A Compact Can Opener from Joseph Joseph

I love the Joseph Joseph company.  They have the most creative line of items for the home.  I have several items throughout the apartment, but my latest is this wonderful little compact can opener.


I do not have space on the countertops in the apartment for an electric can opener.  Actually, I cannot remember the last time I owned an electric countertop can opener.  It has been many years.  Today's manual, hand crank can openers work so well, who needs one run by electricity.


This can opener fits nicely inside one of the kitchen drawers right next to the vegetable peeler.


The mechanism for opening a can is on the bottom as you can see in this picture.


You simply position it on the can with the blade on the outside of the lip of the can and the grooved turning mechanism on the inside.  Turn the large green dial on top and as you do, the green button you see on the side of the can opener pops out.  Continue turning the dial until you have gone completely around the can.


When you have made it all the way around, remove the lid and press the button "in" to release it into the trashcan.


The next thing you know your can of tuna is opened.  I made a quick tuna salad.  Nothing fancy and that is my preference.  I drained this can of its water, leaving a small amount of water in the can.  I added about 1/3 cup mayonnaise, salt and black pepper to taste, a generous pinch of dill, the juice of half a ripe lemon and a little Dijon Mustard.  When I say a little Dijon Mustard, this is how I measure the mustard for my tuna salad.  I dip a dinner fork into the jar of mustard and when I remove it from the jar the amount of mustard that clings to the tines of the fork is what I put in.  It always works.  Sometimes I add a little finely diced onion.  I was not in the mood for that on this night, so no onion this time around.  Oh, and a healthy pinch of celery salt also.

If you would like to check out the Joseph Joseph line, go to www.josephjoseph.com.  I love their website.  It rather reminds me of the layout of my favorite blog!!!

No comments

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig