Side Salad taken to Dinner Salad in a Flash!

We ordered take-out from a local Italian restaurant last Friday. Along with our dinners we received two side salads. There was too much food and I ended up not waiting my salad with dinner. So I put it into the refrigerator with the idea I would have it the next day for lunch, or even dinner. I ended up having it for dinner, with a few additions. Read on to see how I made a rather bland side salad into a delicious dinner salad with a a little ingenuity.


This was the salad that came with my dinner last Friday. A good base upon which to build. So on Saturday evening, I started experimenting and turned this into a delicious dinner salad.


First thing to do was to transfer the entire contents to a large salad bowl. Carrots and wilted lettuce were removed. Well, I see one small slice of carrot.


I grabbed this bag of mini cucumbers from the refrigerator. These are so delicious. The flavor is wonderful and they are the perfect size for salads and for dipping. I sometimes eat them right from the bag with a ramekin of Ranch Dip. These are not only 100% mom approved, but 100% blogger approved too!


I sliced two of the mini cucumbers.


And added them to the lettuce.


Then, it was time to add a little protein. I picked up this roasted turkey at Giant on Saturday morning while Baxter and I were running errands.


These small containers of turkey are wonderful to keep in the refrigerator to add to salads. Or, if you are so inclined, you could dice it and make a wonderful turkey salad with golden raisins.


Next, I found a tomato in the refrigerator that needed to be used. I cut it rather in a julienne style and added it to the mix.


While at Giant on Saturday morning, I picked up a container of mini croissants. These are nice to have for quick sandwiches or to serve, buttered, for a weekend breakfast of scrambled eggs and bacon.


A sprinkle of crushed red pepper flakes to punch up the flavors.


My favorite salad dressing, Wish Bone Deluxe French, and I was ready to sit down to dinner.


I added one extra ingredient to the mix before sitting down and that was some coarsely diced white onion.


And there you have it.  A most delicious salad with the dressing of your choice.  A toasted mini croissant with fresh cream butter. A dinner fit for a king. And one that will likely make your doctor happy the next time he or she has you step on the scales. Satisfying and healthy.

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig